The original owner of “Cotton’s Cafe” was Luther Cotton. Wellington Harvey “Harve” Ratliff worked for Mr. Cotton and bought him out some time around 1943. He decided to keep the name of the cafe.
Harve spent 22 years in the resturant and then sold out, buying a filling station promoting Sinclair Gas. See the small news article below.
Mr. Luther must have opened the cafe about 1929 since 1958 was the 29th year it had been in business.
1965 ~ Getting out of the cafe and into the gas station business.